Last Updated: January 02, 2023
1. Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
The personal information we collect about you and how we use it often depends on how you interact with us. For example:
- If you sign up for our newsletter, we will collect your email address and newsletter preferences. We use your personal information to send our newsletter to you and manage your preferences, including requests to subscribe and unsubscribe.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, survey, contest or other promotions, we may collect from you or from a third party (such as a sponsor or partner) your identifying information, such as your name and email address, and other information needed for that specific sweepstakes, survey, contest or promotion. We use your personal information to operate the sweepstakes, survey, contest or promotion, and for any other purpose indicated at the time you register or sign up.
- If you engage with us through a third party social media website (e.g., Facebook), media content provider (e.g., ROKU), or event manager (e.g., EventBrite), we may collect information from that third party related to your engagement. For example, if you download our app on your SmartTV, we may collect the email address you used to download the app. If you “like” something on our website while signed into your Facebook account, we may collect certain information from your Facebook profile. In general, the personal information we collect from these third parties will depend on the privacy preferences and permissions you have set with that third party.
- If you join our audience or attend an event hosted by us, we may collect from you identifying information, such as your name, address, and phone number, as well as other information we may need for that audience or event. We use your personal information to verify your attendance, obtain any necessary releases from you, and for security purposes.
- If you contact us through the website or via email or phone, we will collect your identifying information, such as your name and contact information, and the content of your communication. We use this personal information to respond to your request and for internal business purposes related to your request.
- If you apply for employment, we will collect from you your professional or employment history, such as your resume, cover letter, and the personal information included in other documentation you provide. We may also contact your references and collect additional information from them to supplement your employment application.
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use your personal information for our internal business purposes, which include, for example, conducting analytics about consumer engagement, personalizing and improving our services, providing technical support and customer service, sending you marketing, administrative and transactional communications, promoting new products, and protecting the integrity, safety and security of our business.
2. How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may share your personal information with service providers who we have hired to help us manage our business. For example, service providers may provide hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions services. Our policy is to permit our service providers to only use your personal information to provide services to us.
- WITH BUSINESS PARTNERS. We may share your personal information with our business partners, such as business partners who sponsor our sweepstakes and promotions. In many cases, but not all, we will let you know that we intend to share your personal information prior to sharing your personal information with our business partners. When we share your information with business partners, those partners may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- WITH AFFILIATES. We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Estrella. We do this for our own and our affiliates’ business operations purposes.
- WITH MARKET RESEARCH COMPANIES. We may feature Nielsen and other proprietary measurement software that contributes to market research, like the Nielsen TV ratings. We may share information about the content you view with Nielsen and other market research companies.
- IN A TRANSACTION. If Estrella is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer or restructuring of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer personal information in connection with such transaction.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose personal information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of Estrella or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We may share aggregated or non-identifiable information with third parties for various purposes, including for business or marketing purposes and to assist us and other parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits and usage patterns.
3. Advertising and Online Tracking
- STRICTLY NECESSARY. These cookies are strictly necessary to enable your use of the Online Services and to load and show content.
- PREFERENCES. These cookies allow us to capture and store your preferences and certain login information.
- ANALYTICS. These cookies (like Google Analytics) help us compile statistics and analytics about use of and interaction with the Online Services, including details about how often a user visits the website, which areas of the website are visited and for how long, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data.
- ADVERTISING. We partner with advertisers and ad networks to display advertising on the websites and on third party websites. Some of these advertisements may be tailored to your interests or behaviors (“Interest-based Ads”). For example, if you viewed content on the website about sports, you may see advertisements related to sports. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of Interest-based Ads, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices.
We also use pixel tags, which are pieces of code embedded in the Online Services that collect information about engagement. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. In addition, you may opt out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” or DNT signals.
4. Managing Your Privacy Preferences
Here are some tips about how to manage your privacy preferences with respect to how we use your personal information:
- CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If we maintain personal information about you that is incorrect, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we correct your information.
- OPT OUT OF MARKETING. You may opt out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us by following the “unsubscribe” link included in each marketing or promotional email you receive. If you unsubscribe from marketing or promotional emails, you may still receive other email communications from us that are administrative or transactional in nature.
- OPT OUT OF NIELSEN MEASUREMENT.You can opt out of market research by Nielsen TV ratings by visiting Nielsen’s Digital Measurement Privacy Statement.
- OPT OUT OF INTEREST-BASED ADS. To opt out of Interest-based Ads, visit the Network Advertising Initiative and/or the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may also opt out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices App. Opting out of interest-based advertising does not opt you out of being served general advertising on the Online Services.
5. Your California Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may have the following additional rights with regard to the personal information that we maintain about you:
- CCPA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have certain privacy rights with respect to your personal information. You may request:
o To delete the personal information that we maintain about you.
o To opt out of the sale of your personal information. California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain personal information to deliver interest-based advertising. If you would like to opt out of our use of your information for such purposes (to the extent this is considered a sale), you may do so as described in our Opt Out Notice available here.
Please submit your requests to email@example.com with “CCPA Privacy Rights” in the subject line. You may also call 833-489-0427 to submit your request. In compliance with the CCPA, we may ask for certain identifying information from you to verify your identify before processing your request.
You may authorize an agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete on your behalf. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf.
The CCPA prohibits us from discriminating against you for exercising your privacy rights.
- SHINE THE LIGHT. You may request information regarding how we’ve shared your personal information with third parties for those third parties own marketing purposes. You may send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Shine the Light” in the subject line.
6. Children’s Privacy
The Services are intended for users who are 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
California users under the age of 18 may request removal or any content or information that they posted on the Services by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that while we will take steps to remove this content, it may not be possible to completely remove the information.
7. Processing in the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store your personal information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Online Services or otherwise providing us your personal information, you are agreeing what we may process your personal information in the United States, and that our processing will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect personal information transmitted on or through the Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org