About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language video programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
Position Summary: The TV Traffic Coordinator is responsible for providing traffic support to the Estrella TV traffic department in different markets, as well as interacting and supporting the sales team, news, Advertising & Promotions, and the programming department.
- Provide order entry (new orders/revisions) of commercial contracts and material in OSI Traffic System
- Assist in paid programming grids
- Assist in contract copy
- Assist in maintaining accurate local program schedule & formatting in WideOrbit
- Assist in maintaining commercial inventory up-to-date for 2 weeks
- Coordinate commercial copy for Paid Programming with sales management, advertisers & agencies
- Coordinate commercial copy for national sales with sales management, advertisers & agencies
- Ensure integrity of daily broadcast log & automation playlist for Broadcast program log
- Assist in maintenance of reconciliation on daily basis
- Daily interface with broadcast hub to ensure proper execution of broadcast schedule – Missing Material Reports, Day of Air changes, and Broadcast Process & Defect resolution
- Assist in maintaining programming grids updated, as back-up
- Assist in maintaining contract and broadcast files
- Assist in maintaining digital tape library
- Cross train for backup of other areas of traffic and continuity
- Back-up Traffic Manager and team for daily traffic instructions
- Communicate with various departments in a professional manner
- TV broadcast traffic and/or agency (2) year experience
- WideOrbit experience
- Strict attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to meet and work in tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated, creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- College Degree in related field preferred, but not ncecssary
- Bilingual-Spanish and English, a plus
- Must possess exceptional communication skills
- Ability to execute tasks with high degree of accuracy under tight time constraints and highly organized with great attention to detail
- Work well as a team, independently and other departments, staff, advertisers and agencies
- Excellent computer skills (must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint); adept at maintaining databases and documents.
- Must be willing to work in Houston, TX [no relocations]
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License with good driving record
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.