Production Assistant will work on various Entertainment or News programs, or other projects as assigned. Primary responsibility is to assist in the production activities involved in producing TV programming and deliver error-free content in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Estrella Media is a leading Spanish-language media company and one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video and audio content for multiplatform distribution worldwide, with a library of over 20,000 hours of original video content.
Estrella Media's content studio feeds all its digital and linear media platforms, including EstrellaTV, its national broadcast television network that is seen on 16 owned or operated stations and over 33 affiliated stations and through cable and satellite providers and digital streaming platforms; Estrella News, the first 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform digital news network in the U.S.; and Estrella Games, the first 24/7 curated Spanish-language game show channel in the U.S. Estrella Media's digital content reach is more than 4 billion minutes per month, viewed across its entire multiplatform media portfolio, including its rapidly growing FAST, AVOD, and streaming audio platforms.
Estrella Media owns and operates 14 radio stations and the Don Cheto Radio Network, with 33 affiliated stations throughout the U.S. and featuring one of the nation's most popular radio talents, Don Cheto. Estrella Media also produces large-scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S. In addition, Estrella Media produces podcasts for audio streaming, and it recently launched a new music division, Estrella Media Music Entertainment, to help develop the next generation of Latin music stars.
To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit Estrella Media at estrellamedia.com, and follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia_, Facebook @Estrellamediainc, and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
- Help set up the production office with the necessary supplies.
- Help set up the production set with the necessary supplies for the hosts/talent (daily).
- Copy and distribute scripts (daily).
- Type and distribute schedules or call sheets (daily)
- Assist cast and production members, and at times run errands for them.
- Run errands between the production office and other departments.
- Stay on the production set for 30+ minutes (daily) to assist cast and production members, for needs during the recording time.
- Post content on Social Media, generated and provided by the production team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong administrative and high level organizational skills.
• Must be able to perform successfully in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multitask under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Working knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows, Microsoft Outlook.
• Ability to work on cloud storage such as Google Drive (Docs, Sheets and Slides).
• Spanish (Verbal & Written) Fluency required.
• Prior experience in a production environment preferred but not necessary.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and be able to physically handle an array of responsibilities.
• Must possess a valid CA driver’s license and have a good driving record.
• Knowledge of Instagram basic functions like post videos/pictures and program such posts, according to the show schedule.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work overtime on short notice.
- Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer