About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media is a leading Spanish-language media company and one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video and audio content for multiplatform distribution worldwide, with a library of over 20,000 hours of original video content.
Estrella Media's content studio feeds all its digital and linear media platforms, including EstrellaTV, its national broadcast television network that is seen on 16 owned or operated stations and over 33 affiliated stations and through cable and satellite providers and digital streaming platforms; Estrella News, the first 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform digital news network in the U.S.; and Estrella Games, the first 24/7 curated Spanish-language game show channel in the U.S. Estrella Media's digital content reach is more than 4 billion minutes per month, viewed across its entire multiplatform media portfolio, including its rapidly growing FAST, AVOD, and streaming audio platforms.
Estrella Media owns and operates 14 radio stations and the Don Cheto Radio Network, with 33 affiliated stations throughout the U.S. and featuring one of the nation's most popular radio talents, Don Cheto. Estrella Media also produces large-scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S. In addition, Estrella Media produces podcasts for audio streaming, and it recently launched a new music division, Estrella Media Music Entertainment, to help develop the next generation of Latin music stars.
To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit Estrella Media at estrellamedia.com, and follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia_, Facebook @Estrellamediainc, and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
The Sales Assistant position at Estrella Media is an entry level role that can get you on the path to a Sales Associate career in TV or Radio Sales at any of our locations across the country. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Sales Managers and Account Executives for the Estrella TV Network, and/or our local TV or Radio Stations
- Work closely with and act as liaison with advertising agency counterparts, clients, and internal departments, including Traffic, Marketing, Accounting and Research.
- Respond to all client requests in a timely manner.
- Execute all client orders ensuring that they are in compliance with client and station requirements.
- Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
- Communicate effectively with multiple departments to coordinate sales packages for sales meetings.
- Assist Sales Managers and Account Executives in creating PowerPoint presentations and one sheets.
- Assist Account Executive on gathering promotional assets, approvals within tight deadlines.
- Work closely with Traffic to schedule promotional assets.
- Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.
- Cover receptionist as needed.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Manager.
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Detail oriented and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Bilingual: ability to read, write and speak English/Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [No relocations]
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work overtime on short notice
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rate of pay $17.00 per hour - $20.00 per hour