The Tape Operator will cue and prepare video inserts into a program. Candidates should have experience in a variety of record/playback systems.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
- Control the machine room, operate tape recording equipment, and ensure that the contents of tapes meet the correct technical specifications
- Set up and operate the video tape equipment to record and play back the program
- Read program log to determine when the program will be recorded and when it will be aired
- Responsible for quality control of output media and for quality assessment reports, conversions, digitization, transfers, and duplication of video and audio materials
- Identify what is acceptable for which media and broadcast and their different technical specifications
- Operate, patch and un-patch equipment
- Manage equipment and identify faults
- High School graduate; some college preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
- Bilingual: Fluency in written & spoken English/Spanish is required.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA. [no relocations]
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must possess valid CA Driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.