We are Estrella Media, the largest privately held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The primary job of the Promotions Coordinator is to handle the coordination and execution of all KTJM/KJOJ, KQQK and KEYH/KNTE promotional operations. This job description is intended for positions where the responsibilities are routine in nature. This position is responsible for the daily activities that promote the station(s), clients or events.
- Responsible for logistics and execution of promotional field operations for special events.
- Distribute contest rules, winner affidavits and prizing on the streets or events.
- Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
- Drives promotional vehicles.
- Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
- Performs basic office administrative functions and updates station web site.
- Be creative and entertain a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
- Interact with station listeners, on-air personalities and clients in a professional manner at all times.
- Operate broadcast equipment, Microsoft computers, and PA (Public Announcement) Systems.
- Daily communication with Promotions Director and entire promotions
- Attend weekly staff meetings with promotions street.
- Executes phone calls for logistical planning of events.
- Pulls maps for
- Be creative with games and
- Provide Account Executives with recap from every remote and event within 24 hours of event.
- Maintain vehicles stocked at all times with prize premiums and
- Inspects and keeps maintenance of station vehicles, paperwork (registration & insurance).
- Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational.
- Remains calm and professional through stressful
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Outgoing with a passion for meeting people; experience dealing with large crowds a plus.
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects.
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Photo Shop & Outlook software.
- Requires ability to comprehend and write reports/recap summaries of remotes and van.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish required.
- Must be willing to work in Houston, TX. [no relocations]
- Must be able to lift equipment of 25+ pounds.
- Must be available to work on holidays and weekends.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Requires a valid Texas Driver’s License and a good driving record.
Interested candidates must submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.