Master Control Supervisor
We are Estrella Media, Inc., the largest privately held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States with TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the only US based Producer of Spanish-language programming. We are looking for high energy and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The Master Control Supervisor is a ‘hands-on’ supervisor, supervising a 3–4-person team (up to 5 operators during special events) responsible for the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as ensure that transmissions and operating procedures meet government regulations and the station's high standards. This individual must be able to act independently and make reasonable and cognitive decisions related to system failure and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and direct staff in troubleshooting these issues.
- Supervise 3–4-person team, responsible for performing on-air switching for live events, operate recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer-based systems.
- Provide group and individual training sessions as needed to ensure the team is fully trained on new and existing equipment and proficient on all systems.
- Assist in updating, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with master control and FCC standard operating procedures and ensuring team operates in compliance with requirements.
- Assist in preparing work schedules for Master Control Operators and approves time off, developing and updating written Standard Operation Procedures for Master Control, and developing station specific operator manuals for all Master Control equipment.
- Assists in sourcing, hiring candidates and in managing operator performance.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of master control equipment and operations.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues.
- Knowledge of/experience in Video compression and transport systems & technology, SCTE Triggers and Closed Captioning.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and interpret and adjust workflows
- Knowledge and ability to handle systems routing, quality control issues, and variations in production requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and supervise a team.
- Experience with HD broadcasts and knowledge of HD systems.
- 3 years of Broadcast Master Control, Studio Engineering, or Technical Engineering experience.
- College degree in Communications/Engineering or Technical degree preferred; or significant field experience will be considered
- Possess strong communication skills with Spanish (Verbal & Written) Fluency preferred.
- Work hours assigned may vary; must be able to work weekends, overnights and holidays as needed.
- Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work overtime on short notice
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.