About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
Local Sales Manager
The Local Sales Manager (LSM) will be responsible for managing and leading the Sales team in growing our business and creating memorable experiences for our clients. The LSM will also be responsible for sourcing, hiring, and developing a strong sales team, as well as coaching, mentoring, and managing the performance of the sales team.
- Source, hire, train, develop and manage performance of Account Executives and support staff.
- Maintain oversight of all business metrics and sales targets, including accountability for inventory management and pricing.
- Lead the team on prospecting, developing, and maintaining new and existing accounts often by engaging in meetings on-site at a customer’s place of business.
- Stay current on competition and market changes and make strategic recommendations regarding opportunities.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of station’s products and services
- Train sales team on effective sales and marketing strategies that maximize sales opportunities.
- Coach and mentor sales executives on developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients by identifying clients’ advertising needs and developing customized solutions.
- Create reports to track pending deals, forecasts, advertiser, contact, prospect lists and other reports instrumental to the management of the business.
- Work with internal departments to manage account stewardship through process.
- Leadership skills demonstrated by coaching, developing and mentoring sales team.
- Excellent relationship builder; enjoys being in front of clients.
- Goal driven and self-motivated individual that challenges team to exceed targets.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in media sales; 1-2 years’ experience in sales management.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressured, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong marketing, presentation and closing skills.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office products: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to work in Houston, TX.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and insurance.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.