About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a JIB Operator to work in its TV daily production department. The Jib Operator is responsible for providing timely technical operations support for the fast-paced news and entertainment broadcast network.
- Ability to proficiently operate CamMate Jib, and hand-held cameras equally as dictated by productions demands.
- Maintaining acceptable video levels for incoming, outgoing and internal signals, and performing daily set-up and shading of studio cameras.
- Functioning as the sole individual responsible for control room operation for single or multiple camera inserts on shows.
- Operating single and/or multiple cameras through robotic control as instructed by show Director.
- Operating studio camera on pedestals and jibs as instructed by show Director.
- Providing back-up support to other Studio positions as needed.
- Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management.
- Assist in maintaining all of the cameras in good working order.
- In coordination with the Director, create and offer visually interesting and varied subject shots.
- Willingness and ability to train others as needed for back-up purposes
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience is required.
- Two (2) years of experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred, with related camera operator experience is required.
- Knowledge of Cammate, Jib along with Ikegami HD cameras is required.
- Knowledge of Steadicam is preferred but not required.
- Ability to identify and trouble shoot mechanical issues with equipment and set up.
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs. depending on set / strike studio gear.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish a plus)
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.