About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media is a leading Spanish-language media company and one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video and audio content for multiplatform distribution worldwide, with a library of over 20,000 hours of original video content.
Estrella Media's content studio feeds all its digital and linear media platforms, including EstrellaTV, its national broadcast television network that is seen on 16 owned or operated stations and over 33 affiliated stations and through cable and satellite providers and digital streaming platforms; Estrella News, the first 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform digital news network in the U.S.; and Estrella Games, the first 24/7 curated Spanish-language game show channel in the U.S. Estrella Media's digital content reach is more than 4 billion minutes per month, viewed across its entire multiplatform media portfolio, including its rapidly growing FAST, AVOD, and streaming audio platforms.
Estrella Media owns and operates 14 radio stations and the Don Cheto Radio Network, with 33 affiliated stations throughout the U.S. and featuring one of the nation's most popular radio talents, Don Cheto. Estrella Media also produces large-scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S. In addition, Estrella Media produces podcasts for audio streaming, and it recently launched a new music division, Estrella Media Music Entertainment, to help develop the next generation of Latin music stars.
To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit Estrella Media at estrellamedia.com, and follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia_, Facebook @Estrellamediainc, and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
The successful candidate will be an enterprising entertainment newshound who is also a strong writer. Candidates should have experience in generating their own stories and have an engaging on-camera presence. Must have solid knowledge of entertainment news and talent.
- Cover entertainment stories and red carpet events on newscasts, recorded programs and during live broadcasts, either in studio or on location in a manner that connects with the audience.
- Collaborate with producers, and associate producers to generate interesting show topics that engage the interests of our viewers.
- Participate in information gathering, writing scripts, and lead ins.
- Edit or supervise the editing of video used in news stories and programs.
- Promote the Network, and the Company in community, network and station events and activities as requested by the Company.
- Demonstrate excellent story telling skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and comfortable discussing entertainment events.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Minimum 1 year previous on-air reporting experience.
- Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA.
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must possess valid CA DMV license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.