Estrella Media is a leading Spanish-language media company and one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video and audio content for multiplatform distribution worldwide, with a library of over 20,000 hours of original video content.
Estrella Media's content studio feeds all its digital and linear media platforms, including EstrellaTV, its national broadcast television network that is seen on 16 owned or operated stations and over 33 affiliated stations and through cable and satellite providers and digital streaming platforms; Estrella News, the first 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform digital news network in the U.S.; and Estrella Games, the first 24/7 curated Spanish-language game show channel in the U.S. Estrella Media's digital content reach is more than 4 billion minutes per month, viewed across its entire multiplatform media portfolio, including its rapidly growing FAST, AVOD, and streaming audio platforms.
Estrella Media owns and operates 14 radio stations and the Don Cheto Radio Network, with 33 affiliated stations throughout the U.S. and featuring one of the nation's most popular radio talents, Don Cheto. Estrella Media also produces large-scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S. In addition, Estrella Media produces podcasts for audio streaming, and it recently launched a new music division, Estrella Media Music Entertainment, to help develop the next generation of Latin music stars.
To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit Estrella Media at estrellamedia.com, and follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia_, Facebook @Estrellamediainc, and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
The Disc Jockey (DJ) is the voice and personality of our local radio station KBUE – LA. The DJ uses artistic and technical skills to play, remix and create songs and program his/her show and ensures that his/her program runs smoothly.
- Show preparation: use artistic and technical skills to edit music, remix songs, and create content.
- Stay abreast of social media and trending topics for discussion during breaks.
- Maintains format of program, logs and studio equipment.
- Discuss music, news and other current events or hot topics during breaks between songs.
- Engage the listening audience with call in interviews or radio promotional contests.
- Pre-record commercials, interviews or promotions.
- Appear at live events such as concerts or promotional events at shopping malls or parks.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Programming Director.
- Prior on-air radio experience or similar prior, hands on experience with audio boards or as a Board Operator.
- Full knowledge of regional Mexican music and artist.
- Creative, self-motivated with excellent verbal skills.
- Social media skills and web knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish.
- Associate Degree or High School graduate.
- Ability to work weekends, overnights, holidays and special promotional events as needed.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work overtime on short notice.
- Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay range: $17.00 per hour to $22.00 per hour