About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
Set up, operate, and maintain the electronic equipment used to transmit radio programs. Control audio equipment to regulate volume level and quality of sound during radio broadcasts. Operate transmitter to broadcast radio programs.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Observe monitors and converse with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to ascertain that programs are airing.
- Monitor and log transmitter readings.
- Report equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Play and record broadcast programs using automation systems.
- Perform various production duties and possible on-air dialogue with our listeners.
- Maintain logs.
- Edit live spots.
- Ability to operate audio control board.
- Minimum 1 year of experience.
- Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) are essential.
- Bilingual: Fluency in written & spoken English/Spanish is mandatory.
- Minimum Education: High School Education or equivalent .
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice.
- Must possess a valid CA Drivers License with good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.