About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
Associate Producer / Writer
Estrella TV has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative Associate Producer/Writer on a News Show. The Associate Producer/Writer will work closely with the Producer and Director to help guide and create a live, daily broadcast.
- Coordinating all the visual and audio elements of the show (Packages, VO’s SOT’s, Graphics) required by Producers to build the newscast
- Read, prepare and write news stories, in Spanish, for broadcast from information obtained from assignment desk, press releases, social media, and other sources and extract pertinent facts and
- Verify accuracy of facts; obtain supplemental material and additional details from knowledgeable
- Organize material and write story conforming to specified length, style, and format
- Gather visual and audio elements from News Agencies, Social Media or other News Outlets
- Coordinate all the feeds sent from the field (photographers, reporters), and make sure all the elements required by Producers and Reporters are received and included
- Coordinate editing procedures and distribute work to editors based on priorities
- Quality Control, the Associate Producer is responsible for revising every video and audio of the show to ensure videos edited have good quality and the audio meets FCC requirements
- Be in constant communication with producers, and report length of stories, videos that have poor quality or any audio problems
- Understanding of, and good performance at a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in the Television Business (preferably in the news business)
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented, with good multi-tasking and organizational ability
- Bilingual: Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English and Spanish
- BA/BS preferred in Communications, New Media or Public Relations
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must possess valid CA Driver’s license and a good driving
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.