About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative Assignment Desk Editor for News casts. The Assignment Desk Editor will be responsible for researching and distributing news coverage assignments to reporters. Candidates should have experience in arranging and coordinating news content.
- Continuously surf the internet and news services sites to research news stories.
- Maintain and develop contacts in immigration, police, and community organizations to source information of interest to our audience.
- Answer phones and maintain telephone contact with reporters and news camera personnel.
- Source area maps and be able to give directions.
- Monitor police scanners, satellite feeds and other sources for breaking news.
- Dispatch and coordinate news crews to cover all aspects of the news day.
- Develop sources that can be contacted during breaking news and possess skills
to advance a story beyond the basics.
- Assist News team in coming up with story ideas and gathering information.
- Help promote News cast and develop content in Social Media platforms.
- Manage US and Foreign correspondents to gather information and possible stories for National newscasts.
- Pitch stories and participate in Editorial Meetings to hand assignments to Reporters.
- Manage and distribute information to Producers throughout the day.
- Administrative work may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
- Bilingual: Fluency in written & spoken English/Spanish is required.
- Strong knowledge on current event topics such as immigration, politics, economy
- Prior experience as an Assignment Editor.
- Working knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
- Be self-motivated, and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
- Experience in coordinating staff.
- Skilled in all Social Media platforms.
- Have extensive knowledge of the Hispanic community.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA. [no relocations]
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays, and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid CA Driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.