About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 4,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 7,500 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free ad-supported streaming channels, including Estrella News, the first 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform news network in the United States.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media’s highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit www.estrellamedia.com. Follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
Accounts Receivable Assistant
The Accounts Receivable Assistant is an integral part of our Accounts Receivable team. The position reports to the Director of Accounts Receivable in support of the billing and collections functions. Duties include processing payments, applying payments, reviewing account discrepancies, and supporting collection efforts.
- Prepare daily cash posting and complete reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process accounts receivable payments, accurately documenting and posting payments to the correct accounts and invoices.
- Review and verify accounts and account balances.
- Prepare aging reports.
- Process adjustment requests.
- Assist in the monthly close and accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Interact with the sales teams to facilitate the acceptance of new orders and clearing discrepancies on account balances.
- Interact with agencies and advertisers in relation to payments.
- Support external and internal audits.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Additional ad hoc duties as requested.
- Two years of accounts receivable and collections experience preferred.
- Previous television and radio industry experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Comfortable working with multiple systems, as well as learning new systems.
- Consistent follow through on written and/or verbal requests.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter and motivated team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with other teams in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of standard office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to work full-time with flexibility in hours during month end close.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.