We are Estrella Media, a leading vertically integrated, multi-platform, Spanish-language media company operating the EstrellaTV Network, digital media platforms and radio and television stations across all of the top U.S. Hispanic markets. Producing over 2,500 hours annually of original video programming, the company is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language content. We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager who will join a group of talented and dedicated team of finance professionals.
The primary objective of the Accounting Manager is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the accounting team. The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Controller and will interact and work directly with the finance and accounting team, as well as external auditors, and the finance management.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close process ensuring strict deadlines are met
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconcilialtions
- Prepare monthly financial packages with supporting schedules and variance analysis
- Coordinate with the Accounts Payable team on coding, accruals and transactions impacting the general ledger
- Monitor and review regulatory reporting, including annual reportable payments
- Review cash management transactions and prepare cash reports for management
- Review capital expenditure schedules and coordinate tax reportable transactions
- Maintain and monitor debt schedules and agreements
- Assist in the quarterly and annual external financial audit
- Ensure all financial data is in compliance with GAAP
- Strengthen accounting and financial processes to achieve best practices and optimal output
- Manage and develop the accounting staff
- Ad Hoc analysis and projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, CPA or equivalent is a plus.
- 5-7 years of proven experience in various levels of accounting
- Experience in a management role overseeing other staff
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting practices and application
- Effective time management, presentation and organizational skills.
- Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines
- Strong analytical, numerical proficiency, and problem solving skills
- Self starter and motivated and team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with other teams across the organization
- Hands-on work style, willing to lead by example
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous television and radio broadcasting industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle, Great Plains and FRx a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.